Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grrrrrr..........

So last night I got so irritated. There is a family friend that decided to get sober shortly after I did. She and I sometimes have covert conversations in the kitchen, or share knowing looks at dinner.

Last night we were at a function and I leaned over and said "Two weeks tonight will be a whole year!"

She said, "One day at a time J, one day at a time."

I know that is the party line. At times that is how I take my next breath. However, when I look at the big picture, I have to think, "Never again." Because if I don't then I'll think, might as well drink today if I am going to drink later.

Maybe that is my messed up head. Or faulty logic. I don't know.

I did decide to *try* and stop putting my expectations on to others. This is a lesson I *try* to learn again and again. I get excited about something, tell someone and they are no where near as excited. Seriously deflates my soul......

Meanwhile, December 16th WILL be a full year of sobriety for me. I wanna have a party :)

Happy Thursday~

1 comment:

emilyism.com said...

I am so super proud of you and your blog is darling! I am going to be doing a post about the topic of others offending soon. I try to remember not to take it personally, maybe your friend is working on staying in the moment or something who knows. Anyway great, great job on your year. I will throw a little party for you on emilyism! Em