Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful Thursday-

Ten things I am thankful for this New Year's Eve-

*I haven't thrown up as a result of drinking in over a year
*I have not had to lie or smudge a story when talking to people at work about my weekend
*I ran a half marathon in March
*I haven't woken up in the middle of the night, afraid of what might have happened a few hours before
*I picked up my one year chip on December 16
*I have met some friends who are also struggling well against this disease, alcoholism
*My sponsor lets me text her no matter what time of day or night it is
*I have lost about 20 lbs as a result of my not drinking and the fact that I started running
*My husband told me my decision to quit drinking has made us a better family
*Not one person I have told about my condition has snubbed me, judged me, done anything but love me

What are you thankful for?
Happy Thursday~
Happy New Year's Eve~

No comments: