Tuesday, December 15, 2009

365 Days ago

I was sitting in a Wal Mart parking lot waiting on a phone call. I had had another bad night the Saturday before. This was a Monday and I was in a deep deep pit.

I knew I needed help.

I had tried before.

And failed.

Monday I got the email address of a woman at my church known for her recovery efforts. I emailed her, completely in despair. She wrote back, promising to call me that evening. I left the house after my babes were down and drove to Wal Mart. Part of me wanted her to call. Most of me hoped she didn't. The Lord knew just what I needed. She called and I haven't been the same since.

In typical alcoholic fashion, the black out Saturday was NOT my last drink. I told the woman who called that I would attend a meeting that Thursday. Somewhere in me I knew that once I went to a meeting I was never going to drink again. So Tuesday I made my last drink.

Gin in a sobe bottle.

I hate gin.

It tastes like Christmas trees.

But it was all I had, I had taken it from my mother in law's house the Saturday before. I made a strong drink and took my children to a Christmas program at church.

I haven't had a drink since.

Tomorrow I will write about that first meeting.

Happy Tuesday~

No comments: