Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sobriety Sunday

Emily asked what I was doing today to stay sober.

Today I am home with my family. My husband is watching football, my older two kiddos are cleaning {so they say} my son's room and my baby is sleeping. I need to unload the dishwasher and fold some laundry. I hope to talk to a friend on the phone in a bit. I am running at 430.

Basically I am going to be doing regular stuff today. There don't appear to be any triggers on the horizon and for that I am grateful. Right now, it doesn't seem like it is going to be hard to stay sober today.

But I must remember it only takes one drink. Without one drink there can't be 5 drinks.

So today I am going to remember that I am indeed an alcoholic and though I am sober, I am not healed. I still have the disease.

And I won't drink today.

What are you doing to stay sober?

Happy Sunday~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I start the day getting the spiritual connection in order. Prayer, gratitude, lighting of candles, burning of incense, committing my will to my Creator's guidance. Mental sobriety, for me, and a member of Alanon, begins with remembering that I don't know and I must be teachable and open-minded..(Scott W. had a good post today on this.)

I hope the rooms got cleaned and your day flows smoothly.

namaste