Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spoons

Last night I went to a friend's house to play Spoons. There were about 12 of us and it was a hilarious time!

Earlier in the day I had confessed to this friend that it was often before such get togethers that I would drink. Just one or two, before I had to face a room full of people. I like to be the life of the party. I like to be funny. Entertaining. Well liked.

And in my head that was only possible if I had a buzz.

Over the past year I have learned that indeed, it IS possible to do while sober. And in fact, I am more in tune to the moment my funny self becomes my obnoxious self. I imagine I was quite immune to that internal control while drinking.

Before getting sober I had drank before staff socials.
Before dinner parties.
Before Bible study fellowship {of all things}
Before kid birthday parties.
Before work.
Before taking the kids to the dentist.
Before my sister's bridal shower.

Yep, I am an alcoholic.

And I'm staying sober today. You?
Happy Tuesday~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't though of the game "Spoons" in years! I loved that game. I'm glad you are enjoying it too. Happy Tuesday back atcha..

namaste

emilyism.com said...

I don't even know what spoons is! Do tell?? XO,Em