Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quiet

I know I've been rather quiet on here and other blogs lately. It has not been intentional. It isn't as if I have nothing to say. I am just using many, many words to live my every day life in person, leaving fewer words to get recorded here. Or maybe it isn't the words that are getting used up, but the time used to put down the words.

And I think in some ways, that is a good thing. My recovery does not solely define me now. I am an alcoholic, but I am also a teacher, a mother, a wife.

Yet, I still want to be a friend. And I want to be a voice of encouragement to others, starting or maintaining sobriety or struggling with alcohol abuse. So I will  be more intentional about being here, too.

It has been almost 16 months since I have had a drink. Some amazing things have happened in that time, things I never thought possible, let alone imagined.

There IS hope.

Let me know how you are and I will do the same-
Happy Tuesday~

1 comment:

Robin said...

Crazy to think that at 16 months, drinking won't be a constant thought. It won't be a defining reality. Congrats on 16 months. It's good to see you back here today! :)