Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Yesterday was a green holiday. It was a beer holiday. It was an excuse to start drinking at 9 am and go on and on and on.

That isn't what I did.

And I didn't miss it. Honestly, since having children my days of patio sitting, beer swilling, relaxing buzz catching had dwindled to near nothingness. My drinking became huge gulps when no one was looking, refilling my wine glass as I rushed thru dinner preparations, and drinking from a coffee cup as I watched afternoon cartoons on pbs.

Not exactly fun or fashionable.

I am grateful I no longer have to attempt to drink like a grown up or set boundaries for myself that I couldn't keep or promise myself that next time would be different. My brain is damaged. My body is was addicted to alcohol.

I've been sober for 15 months.

And for that I am thankful.
Happy Thursday~

3 comments:

Robin said...

"boundaries that I couldn't keep or promise." So true.

Congrats on a wonderful accomplishment. I am so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing a bit of your story. It helps me.

♥namaste♥

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you!
~ S.