Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This is what I posted on my other blog today----

So, then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6&7

That last part describes me right now... overflowing with thankfulness. I have had a really great week and today in Bible study, as the teacher lectured, I was blown away by my place in this world. I have made some pretty major life changes over the last year or so and things just keep getting better and better.

I became a Christian in the summer of 1991. I have loved Jesus with all of my heart ever since. There were moments that I was head over heels in love with Him, and my actions reflected that. There were other times that He was on the back burner, always there, but sometimes I turned Him down to low heat.

I am reading in Genesis about Jacob and his sons and their choices. I feel a little like Jacob. Sometimes I looked to God, asked His opinions, sought wisdom from the Word. Many decisions I made were made relying only on my own knowledge.

While I have remained safe and healthy all these years, I wonder about the blessings I missed out on when my life was not in line with the Lord's plan for me. I grieve for the choices that were unhealthy, unsafe and just plain wrong. There are earthly consequences I will face on this earth, though I am forgiven in Heaven. I thank the Lord over and over again for His mercy and grace.

I am looking to Him these days. I am listening more, reading more, asking more, kneeling more. And I am hearing more. This week there have been two instances when I had a physical reaction while praying. I felt the Holy Spirit in my bones. It felt good.

And I am overflowing with thankfulness.


Happy Thursday~

3 comments:

Robin said...

As a new believer, I haven't experienced this yet. But thank you for sharing that it can happen throughout one's life, and to be on the look out for it. I never put 2 and 2 together and thought about what I could "miss out on" by not fully connecting with Him. Such a good point. I am thankful you posted this! :)

Anonymous said...

I know this feeling well. I have even described it as an addiction. It is so powerful that I want to feel it again! Even though I'm aware we can't base our relationship with God on feelings, I sure like feeling that close to God. I most often feel His presence when I am studying His Word and listening to Praise and Worship music. Sometimes I am suddenly overwhelmed and I have to stop what I'm doing and just let it soak in. Like Beth Moore says, there is no high, like the Most High!

Unknown said...

Gratitude taught me humility. That was a big step for me. I'm right there with ya!

♥Namaste♥